Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mrs Fix-It

Photobucket


How many of you can say you know how to use a drill. Until recently I must say I wouldn't have known how to turn one on (realise now there is no on/off button) let alone be confident enough to put it to use.

Now however I am finding myself more and more confident in actually trying new things. The drill is one of them.

My pantry needed another 6 draws and since hubby was away I had 2 choices ... wait three weeks without draws or else do it myself. I started out by trying to screw each one in by hand with a little screw driver. It took all of 15 minutes and only half a draw runner done before I realised I had to pull out the big guns.

I will admit it too me a while to figure out which drill bit to use and then how to actually put the bit into the drill .... and it also too me about 20 minutes to realise that it doesn't really go that slow ... the battery was dying.

HOWEVER - I did it. I used a drill myself and did the draws all by myself. I am perfectly capable with or without hubby. Obviously there are some things I am still not sure I would try but I am working on it, bit by bit.

1 small step for man, 1 giant leap for Miss V!

No comments: