Sunday, July 10, 2011

Step Away From The Scissors!



You know in your head those moments where you know that you are about to do something totally and utterly stupid but you just cant help yourself. Something that will have horrendous ramifications for weeks to come and you should just back away and think about it but you just cant deal anymore ... so you do it anyways.... and then start crying!

I bet right now your sitting there, shaking your head thinking to yourself ... what on earth has she done now.... well the truth of the matter is ... I picked up a pair of scissors... and tried to cut my own fringe!

Oh yes, I did the unthinkable. I actually clearly remember hearing friends cry into the phone that they only wanted to trim it and thinking to myself - I would never ever try and cut my own hair, how stupid do you have to be? Yet here I am, little miss stupid in the flesh!

But wait it gets worse! - after screwing up one side I angrily demanded my husband fix it for me ... oh yes, at that point I was close to tears and he mistakenly thought, I really cant make it any worse than she did, so he just straightened it up slightly.... Only I knew it was a mistake when I saw mountains of hair lightly floating past my eyes instead of the tiny little bit of trimming I had expected.

So I now get stuck playing with masses of bobby pins trying to hide the monstrosity floating above my eye brows till it grows out ... and it will take a while I can assure you!

Oh yes, the only good news is during these moments of frustration I can clearly blame my husband for my misfortune ... hell he held the scissors - its all his fault!

6 comments:

B is building a house said...

Awwwwww. Hugs to you Miss Vintage.

However, I am sure you still look just as beautiful :)

B

Miss Vintage said...

Thanks B but I hate to say this - even a very sorry husband couldnt help but laugh every time he told me it didnt look that bad.

B is building a house said...

Awwwwww. How long/short exactly is it? Is it "higher" than 2cm above your eyebrows?

It will grow out soon sweety :)

B

Miss Vintage said...

It is definately higher than 2cm above my eyebrows - The shortest section may actually be only about 2cm long ... sigh... It seemed like a good idea at the time!

KL said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! You have given me the best laugh I've had in ages!!!!
Consolation thought: move to Melbourne where the 'art' short fringe dweller lives! Be Gods! You may re-ignite the passion!!!LOL!!!
The only - (read one and only) attempt of fringe cutting I've ever attempted was with my 3 year old daughter. I mean, I agree, how hard can it be? After a bleeding tip of ear (it was only a tiny scratch....), she lost half a blonde eyebrow. (NOT noticeable AT ALL!!!) At 19 she will STILL tell everyone and all the horror masacre!!!! At least your indignity was (hubby's) self -inflicted!!!
KL

Miss Vintage said...

Ha - you crack me up KL - a wonderful moment to remember with your daughter im sure!