Monday, May 30, 2011

Sleeping Special


So my last house had a 4 poster bed and I have to say, climbing into it at night felt kinda special. Ohhh, I know silly and childish but the mattress sat really high off the ground which gave a whole new meaning to "Climb into bed" I really did have to stand on my tippy toes and climb.

So obviously I'm going somewhere with this, I love the idea of a bed that is the centre of a room, that is special and makes you feel like climbing in is the best thing you have done all day.

However my bed in the new house wont be a four poster and up until now i wasn't sure how to make it feel special.

The way this bulkhead follows the wall and then up onto the roof defines the space beautifully without being overwhelming.

Such a good idea, so clever and yet fairly simple. I'm not sure if it will be too much for our space but still - I cant help but want to give it a try.

No comments: