Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rolling With The Punches


I started out this post determined to speak to you about the gate house we are building but somehow my eye keeps being drawn to country gates ... and I think that's the same thing in life. You plan for something, you have your heart set on it and then something changes, something else comes along and you have a choice to make, you can fight against your instincts, you can stick to your meticulously planned life or you can step back and just go with the flow....

Obviously its going to be uncomfortable to step back, its going to feel like your head is going to explode because you didn't plan this, you didn't choose this.

And before you start scratching your head - I do realise that this is a very ambiguous blog, I cant really go into the details yet, I'm still fighting against the tide myself but in one small way I'm going to allow myself to let go... these pictures captured my heart, I desperately wanted this life today, I want to step through those gates in a pair of wellington boots, my comfy baggy jeans and a big baggy jumper, I want to breath in the cold air and watch my breath smoke when I let it out. I want to listen to nothing buy the roar of millions of leaves fluttering in the breeze as I walk down my long muddy country road and just be.... no thinking, no plans for the day, just me ...

So no gatehouses - today its me walking down a road, a road I haven't planned, haven't put on my to do list in life, something I wanted but just not yet, but maybe, if I just let go it will be just as great as my plan, maybe it will be better and I hate to use the word fate but maybe this is part of a bigger plan I'm just not aware of yet.....



No comments: