Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Welcome back one and all and sorry for not really being there that last week before Christmas. Yes our house was broken into and our car and lots of other things were stolen. It was a drama filled time full of paperwork, assessors and new car smells.

However everything is finally sorted and life seems to be back on track ... slightly.
Anyways I am a big one for new years resolutions. Every year for the past 5 years my husband and I have only one resolution and that is to get rid of or simplify debt. 2010 was the year we finally achieved that goal so this year I had to put a bit of thought into my resolution and I have settled on three. I know three but still - this year I have three resolutions I am going to try very hard to stick to.
One - Be fitter and lighter than I was last year!


It may seem like a bit of a cliche but I think you have to understand, I have never in my life like, done or even thought about exercise, I love food and almost married to pasta. I have the type of body Nigella, although I am happy to say slightly less wide and I love myself.. mostly. However this year I want my life to be slightly healthier, I want to make smarter food choices, I want to enjoy spending time outside being active and I would love to have a bit more energy ... so for me this is quite a big deal.

Two - Make this year less drama filled than last year!


If you read my blog regularly you will notice that my life tends to be slightly .... drama filled. I would love for one year to complain about nothing happening. I want a year of no emotion, no ambulances, police or fireman, no insurance companies or crying family members.

Three - Make more of an effort with my friends!

This one i kind of stole from a friend who has the same trouble, it very easy to get wrapped up in everything in life and when you have a quiet moment just crash on the couch with a book instead of thinking and making time for your friends so I am going to try and resist the urge to slouch on the couch and go out for coffee and obviously no cake (See resolution 1) but maybe ... bugger fine just coffee with skim milk!

No comments: