Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Matter of Style

Now that all the big choices are out the way like kitchen colours, tiles and wall colour its starting to get a little bit exciting to be thinking about how I am going to decorate the interior of my home. I find myself struggling between a number of different style options and although I know what I want its really hard not to be drawn into all the wonderful styles currently out there.

Although I have promised faithfully no house shopping until the roof is on I have decided its only good housekeeping to start picking out different items I really want.

I thought I might show you some of the wonderful things I am hoping to have in my house.

Firstly these lights will look amazing in my entry, one over the stairs and one in the void over the door. They have this modern luxurious look that I cant help but fall in love with and the really good news is....... they are one third of the price of the one I found from South Africa.




For my dining room I want a big long table. 4 chairs on either side like the first picture and then one on each end with arms like the second picture. I like how its sort of formal but with the fabric cushions it tones it down into hopefully a comfortable family setting.




Downstairs in the lounge room I am wanting to have a slightly formal layout. A 2 or 3 seater couch and 2 small chairs side by side on one end a bit like the cover of the Vogue Magazine. Downstairs I am having black and white pictures everywhere so am hoping to stick to all shades of grey and white with small bits of black. I want to play on textures so lots of different materials and styles should make this room interesting but tranquil.







No comments: